(DIRECTOR HIGHWAYS DESIGN - ROADS)
Awaiting Profile ...
Highways Design - Roads Department is responsible for:-
• Initiating design policy and design criteria for Federal Highways – Roads;
• Scheduling the implementation of approved projects;
• Commissioning of consultants;
• Feasibility studies and engineering surveys;
• Conducting inception meetings with Design Consultants and Departmental Staff.
• Organizing presentation of submissions by consultants.
• Preparation of R. O. W. acquisition data for Federal Highways;
• Carrying out detailed and final engineering design of the roadway and its geometry in-house;
• Supervision, including vetting of Consultants submissions involved in the preliminary and final engineering design of road projects to ensure compliance with standards;
• Supervision of consultants engaged in supervision of highway projects;
• Site visit and work assessment of roads under design;
• Producing tender documents i.e. tender drawings, BEME, etc;
• Monitoring of on-going Consultancy and Construction/Rehabilitation projects through the supervision Consultants.
• Manage the road design projects to ensure compliance with highway specifications;
• Vet road design submissions and issue Engineer's Certificate;
• Processing of proposals for revisions to designs and Bills of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (R-BEME) for highway projects (Roads);
• Manages the Highway Design Registry(Roads)
• Documentary upkeep of Micro films for Highway Projects(Roads);
• Submit Monthly Progress Reports, etc to the Hon Minister.
DUALIZATION OF LOKOJA BENIN ROAD SECTION II OKENE AUCHI IN KOGI EDO STATE
Dualization of Lokoja Benin Road Section II Okene Auchi in Kogi Edo State
FASHOLA ADEOSUN MEET WITH CHINA DEVELOPMENT BANK OFFICIALS IN CHINA
HonMinister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN 4th right Minister of Finance Mrs Kemi Adeosun4th left DirectorGeneral Debt Management Office Mrs Patience Oniha 2nd left Permanent Secretary Power Mr Louis Edozien 2nd right and Executive Vice President China Development Bank Mr Zhang Xuguangmiddle in a group photograph shortly after a meeting on key infrastructure projects in Nigeria with China Development Bank officials in China recently