(DIRECTOR HIGHWAYS DESIGN - ROADS)
Awaiting Profile ...
Highways Design - Roads Department is responsible for:-
• Initiating design policy and design criteria for Federal Highways – Roads;
• Scheduling the implementation of approved projects;
• Commissioning of consultants;
• Feasibility studies and engineering surveys;
• Conducting inception meetings with Design Consultants and Departmental Staff.
• Organizing presentation of submissions by consultants.
• Preparation of R. O. W. acquisition data for Federal Highways;
• Carrying out detailed and final engineering design of the roadway and its geometry in-house;
• Supervision, including vetting of Consultants submissions involved in the preliminary and final engineering design of road projects to ensure compliance with standards;
• Supervision of consultants engaged in supervision of highway projects;
• Site visit and work assessment of roads under design;
• Producing tender documents i.e. tender drawings, BEME, etc;
• Monitoring of on-going Consultancy and Construction/Rehabilitation projects through the supervision Consultants.
• Manage the road design projects to ensure compliance with highway specifications;
• Vet road design submissions and issue Engineer's Certificate;
• Processing of proposals for revisions to designs and Bills of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (R-BEME) for highway projects (Roads);
• Manages the Highway Design Registry(Roads)
• Documentary upkeep of Micro films for Highway Projects(Roads);
• Submit Monthly Progress Reports, etc to the Hon Minister.
PRODUCTION OF STEEL REINFORCEMENT FOR PILING WORKS ON THE 2ND NIGER BRIDGE LINKING ANAMBRA AND DELTA STATES ON GOING AT THE MESSSRS JULIUS BERGER PLC YARD ONISHA ANAMBRA STATE
Production of Steel Reinforcement for Piling Works on the 2nd Niger Bridge Linking Anambra and Delta States On Going at the Messsrs Julius Berger Plc Yard Onisha Anambra State
FASHOLA INSPECTS THE NATIONAL HOUSING PROGRAMME SITE IN DUTSE JIGAWA STATE
A cross section of the 2bedroom Semi Detached Bungalows of the National Housing Programme in Dutse Jigawa StateINSETHon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN middleDirectorHighwaysConstruction and Rehabilitation Engr Yemi Oguntominiyi left and Federal Controller of Housing in Jigawa State Arc Hassan Ahmadright during the Hon Ministers inspection of the National Housing Programme site in Dutse Jigawa State on Tuesday 8thMay 2018