(DIRECTOR HIGHWAYS DESIGN - ROADS)
Awaiting Profile ...
Highways Design - Roads Department is responsible for:-
• Initiating design policy and design criteria for Federal Highways – Roads;
• Scheduling the implementation of approved projects;
• Commissioning of consultants;
• Feasibility studies and engineering surveys;
• Conducting inception meetings with Design Consultants and Departmental Staff.
• Organizing presentation of submissions by consultants.
• Preparation of R. O. W. acquisition data for Federal Highways;
• Carrying out detailed and final engineering design of the roadway and its geometry in-house;
• Supervision, including vetting of Consultants submissions involved in the preliminary and final engineering design of road projects to ensure compliance with standards;
• Supervision of consultants engaged in supervision of highway projects;
• Site visit and work assessment of roads under design;
• Producing tender documents i.e. tender drawings, BEME, etc;
• Monitoring of on-going Consultancy and Construction/Rehabilitation projects through the supervision Consultants.
• Manage the road design projects to ensure compliance with highway specifications;
• Vet road design submissions and issue Engineer's Certificate;
• Processing of proposals for revisions to designs and Bills of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (R-BEME) for highway projects (Roads);
• Manages the Highway Design Registry(Roads)
• Documentary upkeep of Micro films for Highway Projects(Roads);
• Submit Monthly Progress Reports, etc to the Hon Minister.
FASHOLA INSPECTS PLANTS OF AFAM POWER PLC AND ONGOING CONSTRUCTION OF 240 MW AFAM III FAST POWER PLANT IN RIVERS STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANmiddleflanked by the Managing DirectorChief Executive Officer Afam Power Plc Engr Olumide Noah Obademi 2nd right Hon Member House of the Rivers State House of Assembly Promise Chisom Dike left Deputy to the Paramount Ruler Okolima Ndoki Afam Community Oyigbo LGA Chief Peter Josiah JPright and others as he speaks with journalists shortly after inspecting the various sections and projects within Afam Power Plc in Afam Port Harcourt Rivers State on Thursday 8 June 2017
FASHOLA AT THE INAUGURATION OF THE CHAIRMAN OF NIGERIAN ELECTRICITY REGULATORY COMMISSION NERC
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANright and ChairmanNigerian Electricity Regulatory CommissionNERC Prof James Momohleft shortly afterhis inauguration by the HonMinister at the Ministry of Power Works HousingHeadquarters Mabushi Abuja on Thursday 3rd May 2018