ENGR NOSIKE, EMMANUEL N (DIRECTOR TRANSMISSION SYSTEM)
Attended the Following Schools:
Uzo Uwani Farm Settl. School, Adani, Enugu state - F.S.L.C. 1971 to 1976.
Adada secondary school, Nkpologu, Enugu state - WASC. 1976 to 1981.
Enugu State University of Technology, Enugu (Former Anambra State University of Technology, Enugu) - B.ENG.in Electrical/Electronics and Computer Science 1981 to 1986.
Employed in November,1989 , Ministry of Defence as pupil Engr where I was promoted to Assistant Director, GL15 in 2009
Posted to Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs in 2009 and was in charge of Technical Services Division and was promoted to the post of Deputy Director in 2013 and Director in 2017.
Posted to the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing in 2018 to be in charge of Transmission Services Department which deals with transmission systems in the country.
Membership of Professional bodies; Nigerian Society of Engineers; MNSE.
Registered Engineer; COREN
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSMISSION SERVICES
1. To initiate, develop and provide supervisory role in the implementation of policies in the sector pertaining to the construction, expansion, rehabilitation and maintenance of all transmission grid network in the Country.
2. To ensure full quantum wheeling of electricity generated to the Distribution Companies (DISCOs) with minimum loss.
3. To ensure the strengthening and increase transmission capabilities of cross national grid.
4. To monitor and supervise projects, programme and activities of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to ensure its alignment with sectorial policies of government.
5. To initiate, plan and propose projects towards increasing power transmission.
6. To advise government on all matters related to transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
7. Update the Nation’s Transmission Expansion Master Plan.
8. Serve as contact point for coordination of activities of the West Africa Power Pool (WAPP) and development and Transmission of regional electricity in Nigeria.
9. To provide guidelines and advise to investors other stakeholders and the general public with regards to transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
10. To liaise with local and International Organization related to transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
ORGANOGRAM TRANSMISSION SYSTEM DEPARTMENT
FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL BRIEFING FEC
Minister of Finance Mrs Kemi Adeosun Minister of Information Culture and National Orientation Alhaji Lai Muhammed Minister of Mines and Solid Minerals Development Dr Kayode Fayemi and Minister of Power Works and Housing Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola during the Federal Executive Council briefing held at the Presidential Villa on Wednesday 31st January 2018
FASHOLA AL MAKURA GEMADE AKUME AT THE FLAG OFF CEREMONY OF THE EXPANSION AND DUALIZATION OF 5 4KM ABUJA KEFFI LAFIA MAKURDI ROAD IN NASARAWA STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN 2nd right Governor of Nasarawa State Umaru Tanko Al Makura right Chairman Senate Committee on Housing and Senator representing Benue North East Senator Barnabas Gemade 2nd left and Senator representing Benue North West Senator George Akume left during the Flag Off of the Expansion and Dualization of 5 4KM Abuja Keffi Lafia Makurdi Road from the current six lanes to 10 lanes at Km 15 400 Keffi Akwanga Road Marke Kokona L G A Nasarawa State on Thursday 22nd November 2018