Remarks By The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry Of Power, Works And Housing, (Works And Housing Sector), Mohammed Bukar, At The 24th National Council Meeting On Works, Held In Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
I am pleased to welcome you to the 24th Meeting of the National Council on Works holding in Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State.
2. As you are aware, the theme of this year’s National Council Meeting is “Ensuring Value-for-Money in Nigerian Highways Development”. The theme is apt and timely, considering our collective resolve to address the challenges in road development in the country within available resources.
3. In order to ensure that this target is achieved, it has become necessary for all the critical stakeholders to consider and provide contemporary policies that will support the attainment of the above target.
4. It is quite instructive that the theme was carefully chosen to ensure prudent spending of available financial resources in Highways development in the country due to the huge investment governments at all levels are making in road development.
5. The Meeting is significant as it will afford us the desired opportunities to identify challenges in the highways sector and develop strategies towards addressing them. We are therefore, expected to explore various realistic means of proper utilization of funds and other resources meant for road projects, to enable quick service delivery, which in turn will fast-track national growth and sustainability. May I also stress on the need to ensure that all our recommendations align with the objectives of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) of 2017-2019 which focuses on restoring economic growth, ease of doing business, investing in our people and creating a competitive economy. The achievement of these objectives largely lies on the availability of good road network across the country.
6. Distinguished delegates and officials, the timing of this meeting therefore, is very significant as it affords us the opportunity to think through and make necessary provisions in our various Budgets for the year 2019 and beyond as well as take necessary steps that will ensure money spent on roads impacts on the Nigerian economy, positively.
7. On this note, I once again welcome you all and wish you fruitful deliberations.
8. Thank you.
FASHOLA SANUSI DANGOTE AT THE SIGNING OF QUA IBO POWER PLANTS POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH NBET AT THE MINISTRY OF POWER WORKS HOUSING HEADQUARTERS MABUSHI ABUJA
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN 2nd right Emir of Kano Emir Muhammad Sanusi II left Chairman Dangote Group Alhaji Aliko Dangote 2nd left and US Ambassador to Nigeria Mr Stuart Symingtonright shortly before the signing of the Qua Ibo Power Plants Power Purchase Agreement with NBET at the Ministry of Power Works Housing Headquarters Mabushi Abuja
FASHOLA AT THE ASSOCIATION FOR CONSULTING ENGINEERING IN NIGERIA ACEN 2018 EXTRA ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING IN ABUJA
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing and Guest Speaker Mr Babatunde FasholaSANrightand President Association for Consulting Engineering in Nigeria Engr Charles Yele Akindayomi left during the 2018 Extra Ordinary General Meeting with the theme The Role of Engineering Consultants in the Implementation of the Presidential Executive Order 5 organized by theAssociation for Consulting Engineering in Nigeriaat the NAF Conference Centre SuitesAbuja on Thursday 5th July 2018